Make Cedar House your home base and Golden your gateway to adventure!
One of the best ways to take in the Canadian Rocky Mountains is by making Cedar House Chalets your home base. Situated in the centre of many National Parks, it is an easy drive to explore some of the most incredible terrain in Canada!
- Banff is only a 1-1/2 hour drive from your Chalet. Spend the day exploring the shops and walking one of the many hiking trails that Banff National Park has to offer.
- Lake Louise is an easy hour drive away. Enjoy lunch at the Chateau and a canoe ride on the lake. Make sure you make a stop at Moraine Lake for amazing views! The view of these mountains were featured on the back of the Canadian twenty dollar bill.
- Emerald Lake is only 45 minutes drive east. Here you can explore gorgeous waterfalls, a natural bridge and an emerald lake fit for a post card.
- Going west to Rogers Pass is only an hour away. There are so many beautiful hikes in this park! Pack a hearty lunch, it is definitely worth the trip!
- An hour south will land you at Radium Hot Springs. Spend the day soaking in the healing mineral pools. There is a spa on site so take a moment to treat yourself to a massage. You’re worth it!
Your mountain memories start at the Cedar House.
Cedar House Hiking Trails
From Cedar House
Our well cared for resort property invites adventure enthusiasts of all sorts with hundreds of kilometres of single-track trails starting right at your front door. Lace up your hiking boots or use a set of our complimentary snow shoes to enjoy a year-round Rocky Mountain experience.
Cedar Falls – Moderate/Difficult
This is short but very steep hike to a beautiful little gully at the base of the falls.
Distance: 4 Kilometers return.
Rock About Loop – Moderate
This loop trail offers beautiful views over the Columbia Valley. A gorgeous trail to hike year round.
Distance: 7 Kilometers return. Watch for roots, loose rocks and wildlife.
We are in bear country so please familiarize yourself with appropriate precautions should you encounter wildlife. The Chalet office offers bear spray to borrow during your stay.
Ready to tee off?
Enjoy a round of golf at the Golden Golf Club, voted BC’s #1 Hidden Gem.
The Cedar House Chalets can offer you discounted rates on a round of golf that includes a golf cart. Please give us a call if you would like more information.
Tee times based on availability at time of booking. Weekday and weekend pricing in effect.
Golden Golf Club Open April – October
Propel down the Kicking Horse River with 15% off Rafting!
We’ve partnered with Glacier Raft Company so you can experience the wild side! All summer long Glacier Raft Company will offer all guests of the Cedar House 15% off all rafting trips!
Or if you are feeling more adventurous get 10% off the Ultimate Adventure or Pure Whitewater which include a Heli trip!
Book Now for your secret PROMO CODE
Please call us if you have any inquiries 250.290.0001
Check out their website: www.GlacierRaft.com
Snowmobile in the Heart of the Canadian Rockies!
With awesome conditions and terrain, you will want to make Golden your go-to destination for all things SLEDDING! Check out SLED Golden for current conditions: www.SledGolden.com.
If you are a Sledder give us a SHOUT! We have awesome Sledder Rates, Free Nights and ample trailer parking for you and your buddies. Call or email for more information: 250.290.0001 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Or take a tour, trips starting at $265 per day with Golden Snowmobile Rentals and Tours. Tours must be pre-booked and based on availability.
Tired of the city life, being surrounded by a concrete jungle and need an adventurous change?!
We’ve synced with our Golden BC. Off – Road Specialists, Canadian Off-road Adventures, and they are ready to take you on a wild ride! Book all summer long, and receive 15% off your Off-Road package.
Packages include the Ultimate Ride and the Nature Ride