Built to reflect true mountain lifestyle.
This quaint chalet was custom built to reflect true mountain lifestyle. The Adventure Chalet provides the perfect retreat after a long day of exploring the Canadian Rockies.
The rustic feel of this chalet is largely accredited to the interior’s woodwork and the loft bedroom accessible by a sturdy, custom made six-step ladder. We invite you to kick your feet up on the day bed, enjoy a good book while the fire is crackling. Or head out on the large wrap around deck offering a BBQ and private hot tub with a breathtaking view of Kicking Horse Mountain Resort. For those who seek more than rustic charm, the chalet is also equipped with an iPod dock, flat screen TV, DVD player, DVDs, games and Wi-Fi. There is a fully equipped kitchen and the chalet laundry room is just steps away in the recently build pump house. Though this Chalet makes for the perfect romantic getaway, the queen sofa bed in the living room is great to tuck in young children.
** Please note to get to the bed on a loft, you will need to climb up a step ladder for that bit of adventure.
Minimum night stays applies.
Please use the online booking engine to find out the total cost.
**Please be advised, 1 night stays are subject to availability and a $50 cleaning fee will be added subsequently**
What will I find in my chalet?
Each chalet includes towels, linens, robes, washer & dryer with soap (Adventure Chalet's laundry is located in the Pump House), private deck with BBQ and hot tub, full kitchen with cooking utensils, pots & pans and dishes, coffee maker , kettle, board games, playing cards, DVD player and DVDs, shampoo, body wash, hand soap, tissue, blow dryer, make up remover wipes.
Your Private Hot Tub
- One of the staff will be around to check the hot tub daily. We will do our best not to disturb you, but it is necessary to ensure the hot tubs are maintained and the chemical levels are adequate and safe for you.
- If you have small children that use diapers, please, please, please make sure you bring swim diapers along with you. If your children are peeing in the hot tub it will quickly go off balance and we may have to change the water during your stay. This will interrupt your hot tub time and if it is due to negligent use, you may incur a hot tub cleaning fee.
- Yes! All chalets have ample parking space for cars, trucks, RVs and even RVs with pull-behind vehicles. If you're travelling with a large vehicle, please mention it in your booking.
- We are a Green Establishment and provide extensive recycling facilities with labelled bins for easy sorting. Bear Safe trash receptacles are located around the property for safe and easy disposal of food waste and non-recyclables. Please empty your trash and sort your recyclables throughout your stay and when you check out.
- We ask that our guests are environmentally responsible during their stay with The Cedar House. Please turn off lights when not in use, keep windows closed when using heat or air conditioning and reuse towels when able.
- There is a no smoking policy inside the chalets. There are ashtrays provided on the deck. Please do not throw cigarette butts on the ground anywhere on the property. It is bad for the environment and a fire hazard.
- The Cedar House is geared for peace and relaxation. Please refrain from playing loud music outdoors so it doesn’t interfere with the serenity of other guests. Any loud or disruptive behaviour will result in eviction from the premises without reimbursement of payment.
Cedar House Team
My husband and I just spend four days in the Adventure Chalet for a mini-honeymoon and it was incredible. From check in to check out — everything was easy. The kitchen comes stocked with all the little necessities you might need — BBQ is a really nice touch and drip coffee ✔. If you need a little more they have it or I’m sure they could make it happen.
Restaurant: Elegant with a small town touch. Brad was very personable and checked in often to make sure we were enjoying ourselves. We don’t usually take in a restaurant of that statue, but we weren’t disappointed. I’ll be left day dreaming about the beet infused risotto for weeks to come.
We ended up going on a snowy weekend but still got to see the mountains a little. They rent out snow shoes so we did all trails available, I’m sure they are breathtaking on a clear day! We also loved the town of Golden, Purcell coffee was wonderful. Quaint little town. Overall 10/10 – the mountains have a way of settling the soul and Darrin has done wonderful making this even more possible with Cedar House & all the amenities. We’ll be back in September for our anniversary I’m sure of it.